Senior PHP Developer
Engineering - Web – London
Spitfire Audio is looking for a driven, experienced PHP Developer, ideally with a passion for music to help carry our web development team to greatness! The role is ideal for an established senior developer looking for a product-side challenge with a lot of responsibility and freedom attached, or a mid-weight developer who’s ready to take on more senior-level responsibilities.
You will be joining Spitfire Audio at the beginning of our journey towards a fully agile, multi-stream software development department and heading up a cross-functional web development team comprised of both front- and backend developers.
NB! Currently we are only considering candidates who already possess the right to live and work in the uk.
The Task at Hand
Your first major tasks will be:
- Assisting and sparring with the team lead on how we refactor our legacy codebase towards DDD and Laravel on a SOLID foundation.
- Contributing to growing a strong Agile practice.
- Contributing tested, well documented PHP code.
- Keeping an eye on our PHP codebase to ensure it is healthy and that we are aware of where our technical debt and legacy code problems reside.
- Reinforcing our coding standards for the web team.
- Helping to drive the web team to excellence through incremental change and optimisation.
- Assisting the team lead with nurturing and mentoring the junior member of the team.
- Helping to make the web development team an awesome place to work!
- At the very least 3+ years of professional, full-time experience writing production code and a strong knowledge of modern OOP PHP development.
- Experience with MySQL and the rest of the LAMP stack as well as Git.
- Knowledge of PHP coding best practices, architectural patterns, DDD and SOLID.
- Experience using Laravel in a production environment.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Composer, Grunt, node.js, npm and modern frontend tooling in general.
- Specialist knowledge on how to optimise large file download speed.
- Experience with DevOps or continuous delivery/integration/deployment.
As a person, our new Senior PHP Developer will:
- Possess an interest in music, film, popular culture and tech - as well as what their colleagues are up to!
- Be a team player.
- Have oodles of integrity.
- Be excited about the potential to really make a difference.
- Be young-at-heart, driven, respectful and supportive.
- Relish the prospect of working in an informal, non-hierarchical organisation.
- Be happy to employ their own sense of initiative over and above being micromanaged.
About Spitfire Audio
Spitfire Audio is largely acknowledged to be the finest purveyor of orchestral samples there is. Having operated initially within the very top end of film and media composition with most, if not all, Hollywood A-listers using and endorsing our approach Spitfire is slowly moving into a broader more mass market by expanding its product range, customer base and geographic reach.
We collaborate with the world's best composers, producers, engineers and studios to create detailed and realistic recordings of instruments and sounds for use in computer-based music production.
Spitfire is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that the terms and conditions of employment of employees and potential employees are equitable and non-discriminatory. This means that job applicants and employees will be treated fairly regardless of their sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, religion or religious beliefs. Spitfire values the differences that a diverse workforce brings.
- Friendly company culture.
- Free, varied selection of fresh fruit, snacks and drinks available.
- 23 working days of holiday per year, as well as the mandatory 8 UK bank/public holidays.
- Post-sprint drinks at the pub every other Friday from 3pm.
- Policy of trying to assist employees to balance their work and home life.
- Preferred hours: 9-5 or 10-6.
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!